Skip to main content

The Beauties! New Season Tips

Hi Beauties!

Red lips and serums – but no metallics. We caught up with star blogger Yulia Grebenkina to get the low-down on her personal beauty favorites


Yulia Grebenkina’s first job in fashion was a bit of a crash course – as a young, passionate but inexperienced digital editor of Russian Glamour she was given responsibility for alleditorial content on the whole site. “I did learn a lot,” she says. “And it was at Glamour that I started to love beauty more and more.” Yulia went on to the beauty desk at elle.ru and eventually launched Beauty Insider, one of Russia’s first and most popular beauty blogs. A year ago, she took the leap to becoming a full-time blogger, doing the writing, editing and business side of Beauty Insider, as well as a bit of modelling.




Did you always dream of being a beauty editor? “No, I grew up in an industrial town where everyone I knew worked at a car factory so I didn’t even know that kind of job existed. But I was creative, I attended ballet school, I liked to draw, and I dreamed of writing a book (I still do!). Finally, it all worked out on its own.”
What a great things have come from working on Beauty Insider? 
“A few brands have used me as their model and that experience has been fantastic. Now we do it quite often for the blog, I even took part in a commercial – so now my parents can watch me on TV! When professionals work on your appearance, it helps you evaluate what you think of yourself and your beauty. I'm much more relaxed and confident about myself now.”
What will your look be like this fall?“A nude look with red lipstick that looks great with my pale skin. And good brows: I just changed my hair colour for a darker one, and I love making my brows darker than usual too.”
Will you be following any new trends? “I don’t care too much about the trends of the season when it comes to my own make up. There will be a metallic trend, but that doesn’t suit me so I’ll leave it out. But maybe I will learn how to do a great eyeliner – make up artists have been using it for cat-eyes for a few seasons now.
How do you keep hydrated during the cold Russian winter? 
“For my skin, I switch to more hydrating and replenishing serums. For my hair, I like to use some leave-in creams and hair oils. It’s important all year round really. And I do more nourishing masks and oil-based treatments. When I was growing my hair out I did them every three days, and it helped a lot.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nishan-e-Haider Holders – Heroes Of Pakistan

Nishan-e-Haider is the Highest Military Award of Pakistan. Nishan-e-Haider means “Emblem of Haider”, where Haider is the epithet of Hazrat Ali and means Lion. Nishan-e-Haider was established on 16 March 1957; however it was applied from the date of Pakistan’s independence on 14 August 1947. Nishan-e-Haider is made of gun metal, captured from the enemy in the previous wars, with a green ribbon and a star with five points is awarded to soldiers who show great bravery and courage in war or on active duty. All recipients of “Nishan-e-Haider’ gave away the most valuable thing they had – their lives – in serving the nation and in defending the frontiers of Pakistan. It is named after the name of Hazrat Ali (R.A), fourth caliph of Islam. Gun metal used for its manufacturing, is captured from the enemy in the previous wars. It is only awarded to personnel of Armed Forces of Pakistan, without any discrimination of rank. So far total 10 Nishan-e-Haider awards have been awarded, to ...

10 Reasons Why We Love Karachi

 has an estimated population of approximately 20 million (since the last census was done 17 years ago, putting the city’s population at 9.3 million then, one has to go with educated guesses) and an area of over 3,500 square kilometres. If it were a separate country, it would be bigger than several European and South American countries in terms of population. A couple of years ago,  Foreign Policy  called it the world’s most dangerous city, with a murder rate 25% higher than that of any other major city. However, for those who were born, raised and live in the city, it will always be home — and no label of any kind will take away the pride that they feel for being a Karachiites Here are 10 reasons why we love Karachi : 1. It is a mini-Pakistan — and more. Reputed to have more Pashtu speakers than Peshawar itself, and over a million Bengalis, Afghans, Iranians (who fled the 1979 Rev olution), Palestinians and Burmese, Karachi is home to practically all of ...

Heaven On Earth ( Kashmir )

“ Jammu and Kashmir is part of Pakistan, in blood, in flesh, in culture, in history, in geography. In every way and in every form.” – Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto’s speech at the United Nations T her e are few words that can judiciously describe the sentiments of the Pakistani people for Kashmir and the continuing struggle of its inhabitants. It is even harder to explain the depth of anguish, frustration and distress at the tragic continuation of atrocities on a daily basis in Indian-occupied Kashmir, even seven decades on. The indigenous struggle for the right of self-determination by the Kashmiris has been undeterred by the barbarity of the 700,000 Indian forces illegally occupying the territory. Today, the unrestrained and targeted use of pellet guns is permanently blinding Kashmiris, especially the youth. They are being humiliated, their voices choked, and their source of connectivity with the outside world has been restricted. According to the data available as per Ministry of Forei...